Fishing holidays in Cornwall
With two magnificent lakes, Trevella has become renowned as the destination for fishing holidays in Cornwall.
Trevella Lake has an abundance of carp, tench, bream, roach and rudd while Springfield Lake has more than 150 carp, including some at 24lb-plus.
Trevella is the more mature of our two lakes, with a record catch weighing in at 27lb 12oz! This is an ideal water for all anglers with plenty of swims to choose from and water depths ranging from a few inches to about 16 feet.
The lake has an abundance of carp, tench, bream, roach and rudd. Varieties of carp include, mirror, common, linear and ghost, as well as a good head of crucian carp.
Over the last 19 years Springfield Lake has matured into a fine specimen lake. We now have 150 good size carp, including some that are 24lb plus and many in their late teens. Don’t forget, if you catch a big one get it weighed and let us know!
Because of Springfield’s specimen fish we have introduced a new fishing code to help care for the fish so we can see them develop into 30lb plus specimens.
- Minimum of 6lb Line, maximum 12lb
- Maximum 10 anglers
- No excessive baiting, no cat food, no dog biscuits
- Fish from platforms only
- Unhooking mats to be used at all times
- No fishing without a landing net. Minimum size 30ins width
- Carp poles with minimum 16 elastic
- Barb less hooks minimum size 10, maximum size 6
Fishing holidays in Cornwall at Trevella: General rules
To enable us to keep the lakes and nature reserve safe for wildlife, fellow anglers and their families, we ask guests to observe the following rules when fishing at Trevella Park.
- All lakes are open from dawn to dusk
- Rod licences and a fishing permit must be obtained from Trevella
- Maximum two rods per person
- Swimming is strictly prohibited in either lake
- Boats are not permitted on Trevella or Springfield Lakes
- ANGLERS must obtain a fishing permit from reception before fishing.
- All children under the age of 15 must be supervised by an adult.
- Handle all fish with care. With the exception of taking photographs, all fish must be returned to the water immediately.
- When returning fish to the water, please place them in carefully. Do not throw them back.
The following are forbidden for safety reasons:
- No bolt rings
- No keep nets
- No fires
- No lead weights
- No alcohol
- No unattended tackle
- No barbed hooks
- No bent hooks
- No bivouacs
- No brolly camps
- No tin cans
- No dogs
- No radios or TVs
For more information about fishing holidays in Cornwall at Trevella call us on 01637 830308