After a winter that seemed to last forever the sun seems to have finally found his hat and the Beast From The East now seems a distant memory (thankfully).
Spring and early summer are fantastic times of the year to visit the region. Cornwall in May and June is often warm, sunny and much quieter than the busy school summer holiday periods. So, you can hit the beach, visit the Eden Project or stroll around the streets of Newquay or Padstow without having to fight the queues and the congestion!
Now is the time head to Cornwall and discover this stunning region over the Bank Holidays, May Half Term or out of those busy school holiday periods. Whenever you choose to visit our Cornwall holiday park is the ideal base from which to see, do and explore!
Away from the beautiful beaches, idyllic destinations and award-wining attractions what else is there to do in Cornwall in May and June? Well, the simple answer is… rather a lot! Take a look at our mini guide for more inspiration…
Cornwall in May and June: events guide
- Newquay Art8 Festival, May 18-20: Art8 is Newquay’s Arts and Culture Festival – bursting at the seams with events, exhibits and workshops involving film, craft, spoken word, dance, photography, theatre, music, literature and more.
- English National Surfing Championships at Watergate Bay, May 5-7: Head up the coast and watch the next generation of surfers battle against the seasoned pro’s for the prestigious National Surfing Champion title at Watergate Bay near Newquay.
- Fowey Festival of Art & Literature, May 11-19: Exciting programme includes talks, interviews, creative and practical workshops, exhibitions, presentations, theatre, musical concerts, an Art trail, guided walks and river cruises to enjoy, inform, challenge and inspire the imagination.
- Royal Cornwall Show, June 7-9: Cornwall’s showcase since 1793 and a fascinating glimpse into rural life. Apart from the livestock judging, there is the famous flower tent, show jumping and a fast and furious inter-hunt relay.
- Tunes In The Dunes, June 8-10: Set on the beautiful golden sands of Perranporth beach. With a back drop of scenic cliffs and sand dunes, this will be a truly unique event where you can enjoy an ice cold beverage with your feet in the sand and the ocean only a stone’s throw away.
Your choice of accommodation this spring and early summer
Whether you choose to visit Cornwall in May or June you can be sure of a great range of accommodation for your stay. Trevella is the number one choice for caravan holidays in Cornwall, with four different grades of caravans to choose from PLUS luxury holiday lodges, glamping, touring and camping pitches. What’s more there’s always some top money saving special offers available, so see if you can pick up a bargain break this May or June. Want to see more of our accommodation? Take a look at our gallery of images below…