Bridge Leisure Parks, owner of Trevella Park
Trevella Park is owned by Bridge Leisure Parks, a company that owns and runs four holiday parks in England and Scotland.
Bridge Leisure Parks is centrally based in Milton Keynes, with seven people employed in this office and around 60 full time and 100 seasonal team members based at the holiday parks.
The Bridge Leisure team also provides professional management support and consultancy for the caravan holiday park industry under the brand of Bridge Leisure Management (www.bridgeleisure.com). Customers include independent holiday park owners, large operator groups, investors and corporate administrators.
About Bridge Leisure holiday parks
The four holiday parks owned by Bridge Leisure Parks are Trevella Park in Cornwall, Sand le Mere Holiday Village near Withernsea on the Yorkshire Coast, Turnberry Holiday Park in Ayrshire and Silver Sands in Moray.
Trevella Park is a five-star holiday park near Crantock on the north Cornwall coast. The park provides holidays in modern static caravans, lodges and safari tents, and has a large area for touring caravans and campers. In 2014 Trevella Park was voted one of the top three holiday parks in Cornwall.
The park also sells static caravans and lodges to people looking for an affordable holiday home close to the Cornwall coast.
Trevella Park has an outdoor pool, adventure playground, two mature fishing lakes and café serving food. The park has been the recipient of a David Bellamy Gold award for more than 15 years in recognition of their commitment to the local environment.
For more information, visit trevella.co.uk.
Sand le Mere Holiday Village
Sand le Mere is a five-star holiday village near Withernsea on the east coast. The park has some of the best facilities on the Yorkshire coast, with a large leisure complex that was opened in 2012 providing an indoor pool, children’s play area, entertainments lounge, restaurant and bar.
Elsewhere, Sand le Mere has an adventure playground, sports pitches and archery range, plus a large fishing lake.
There is a choice of holiday accommodation at Sand le Mere, including lodges and modern static caravans, and pitches for touring caravans and tents.
Customers can also buy lodges and static caravans at Sand le Mere, for use as a holiday home on the Yorkshire coast.
For more information, visit www.sand-le-mere.co.uk.
Turnberry Holiday Park
Turnberry is a holiday park on the Ayrshire coast, close to a sandy beach and some of the region’s most famous attractions, including the Robert Burns’ museum and Culzean Castle.
The park has a new covered pool that will open for the 2014 season, plus there is a children’s playground, restaurant and bar.
Turnberry provides holidays in static caravans and sells static caravans to people looking for an affordable holiday home on the Ayrshire coast.
Find out more at www.turnberryholidaypark.co.uk.
Silver Sands Holiday Park
Silver Sands, near Lossiemouth in Moray, is the fourth park owned and operated by Bridge Leisure. The park has direct access to a superb sandy beach, a host of new facilities and a warmer than average climate thanks to the Gulf Stream.
Find out more at www.silver-sands.co.uk.
Timeline to key events in the Bridge Leisure Parks history
- January 2015: Bridge Leisure completes a management buyout supported by Phoenix Equity Partners. As part of the transaction, Bridge Leisure acquires Silver Sands Holiday Park.
- December 2014: Bridge Leisure named one of the UK’s fastest growing businesses in the annual Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100. Ranked in 26th place.
- November 2014: Bridge Leisure-owned Trevella Park in Cornwall wins a bronze award at the Cornwall Tourism Awards.
- October 2014: Trevella Park receives a David Bellamy Gold Award for environmental standards for the 17th year in succession; Sand le Mere receives a Gold Award for the second time.
- October 2013: Turnberry Holiday park completes new £250,000 covered pool development
- August 2013: Trevella Park launches free Ranger sessions during school holiday periods
- April 2013: Trevella Park completes development of new lakeside pitches for luxury lodges, the first lodges to be available at the park
- March 2013: Sand le Mere completes development of new touring pitches, substantially increasing the park’s touring capacity
- February 2013: Bridge Leisure completes the acquisition of Turnberry Holiday Park in Ayrshire
- July 2012: Sand le Mere opens a new leisure complex a £4m investment
- April 2012: Trevella Park launches glamping accommodation, including safari tents
- September 2010: Bridge Leisure Parks is formed to own and operate holiday parks. The group buys Trevella Park and Sand le Mere
- December 2008: Bridge Leisure Management is formed to provide support and consultancy for holiday parks
Key people at Bridge Leisure
Andrew Howe – Chief Executive
Andrew has worked in the leisure industry for 16 years within both independent and plc companies.
Simon Williams – Operations Director
With 20 years’ experience of holiday parks, Simon heads the operations of Bridge Leisure’s owned holiday parks.
Richard Hunt – Senior Director
Richard has 20 years of board and executive level experience in senior general management roles in the leisure sector, and heads the operation of holiday parks managed by Bridge Leisure.
Simon Elliott – Finance Director
Simon has spent 20 years in finance, in consumer, retail and leisure industries.