Holiday Bookings Terms and Conditions
Revised January 2014
1. Please read these conditions carefully. In making a booking you warrant that you are 18 years of age or over and have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out below.
2. Your contract will be with “the Company”, Trevella Caravan Company Limited (Co. Reg. No. 00639150 ), the owner of the accommodation. The contract is subject to English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts within England and Wales. All terms are either per week (Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday), per short break (start date Monday or Friday) for the accommodation as equipped and described or per night in the case of camping and touring pitches.
3. The usual check-in time is 3.00pm for Tenting & touring pitches and 4.00pm for Holiday Homes (subject to unavoidable delays). We ask that you vacate your accommodation by 10.00am on your day of departure. Guests arriving early are welcome to check in and enjoy the Park facilities until their accommodation is ready. If you expect to arrive after 6.00pm please let the Park know to arrange key collection. For non-arrivals unless the Park is previously notified, accommodation unclaimed by 8.00am on the day following your holiday start date will be treated as a cancelled booking and the accommodation may be re-let. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and you are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay.
4. Our prices and charges shown are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We reserve the right to amend the VAT element of our pricing in the event of any government changes in VAT. Additional supplements may apply such as cots, pets etc. We guarantee that once you have made your booking and paid a deposit we will not increase your holiday price unless you make a change to your booking.
5. We reserve the right to alter prices in our brochure or on the website, which may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. The terms and conditions for bookings may change from time to time. Please check at the time of booking.
The Holiday Contract
6. Making a Booking – Conditions of Booking
The person who books the holiday by telephone, Internet or travel agent will be accepting the booking conditions on behalf of the holiday party. A contract between you and Trevella will come into existence.
If you have made your booking by telephone. We will tell you on the telephone and give you a booking reference number.
If you have booked online over the Internet. We will tell you over the Internet that your booking is confirmed by giving a booking reference number. You will also receive email confirmation confirming your reservation, payment success and completion of your booking. Please note that when paying online your bank statement will show a payment made to “Bridge Leisure Parks Ltd.” the parent company of Trevella Park.
The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
We reserve the right to decline or terminate the booking of any guest(s) whose party make-up or behaviour interferes or may interfere with the general comfort of other guests. In this event no refunds will be made.
For May Half Term and the school summer holidays, bookings can only be accepted on a Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday basis.
Use of your holiday home
Only those people listed on the booking can occupy your accommodation and use the facilities of the Park. If this legal requirement is not met, your booking will be terminated and you will be asked to leave, with no refund made.
If you have any friends who wish to visit you while you are staying with us, please see the Duty Manager who will arrange a day pass for them.
As per government legislation it is illegal to smoke inside enclosed public buildings in England, Wales and Scotland. Outside smoking areas will be provided. All of our accommodation is non-smoking but we cannot guarantee smoke free accommodation, or any holiday home to be allergy free.
Use of your camping or touring pitch
Only those people listed on the Booking Confirmation can occupy your pitch and use the facilities of the Park. If this legal requirement is not met, your booking will be terminated and you will be asked to leave, with no refund made.
If you have any friends who wish to visit you while you are staying with us, please see the Duty Manager who will arrange a day pass for them.
One tourer, motorhome or tent only is permitted per pitch measuring 7m x 7m. Motorhomes/campers must not exceed 22ft (26ft on Premium Plus pitches). For larger units, please contact the Park. Please note that trailer tents are regarded by us as tents. We cannot accept working vehicles on site, this includes pickup trucks, vans and open back trucks.
Breathable ground sheets must be used at all times
Number in Your Party
7. The total number in your party must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us.
8. When you book you must pay the applicable deposit requested plus cancellation protection if required. Payment can be made in full or by deposit to secure your holiday booking.
Deposits will only be taken up to 10 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday. Full balance payment for your holiday is due no later than 10 weeks before the start of your holiday. Balance reminders will not be sent. Please keep your final confirmation safe as you must present this on arrival at your Park. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation. Bookings made within 10 weeks of the holiday start date must be paid in full at the time of booking. Please note that payments made by Credit Card are subject to a handling charge of 1.5%. At present there is no charge for Debit Cards.
Changes by You
9. Once a booking has been confirmed by us, should you require it to be amended or re-invoiced then, if we accept this change, an administration fee of £20.00 incl. VAT will be charged. Up to 10 weeks before your holiday start date you may change your accommodation to another one at the same park as your original booking and within the same calendar year, subject to availability and payment of the above fee and any outstanding difference in price. You may transfer your booking to someone else/another party (introduced by you) at any time providing that you pay the administration fee and any outstanding balance. Bookings may not be transferred to other parties after we have received notification of cancellation.
Cancellation by You
10. Telephone us immediately if you have to cancel and on the same day send us written confirmation including your Booking Reference Number. Please note that no refund will be provided if you have not taken out Cancellation Protection at the time of booking. If, having taken Cancellation Protection and you are due a refund, this will be paid within 30 days of the date on which we receive your cancellation and relevant proof.
Cancellation by Us
11. Very occasionally, in circumstances of ‘force majeure’ as defined in Clause 19, we may have to cancel your booking. We will tell you as soon as possible and offer you an alternative or a full refund. We regret that we cannot pay compensation or any reimbursement of any costs or expenses which you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change.
Brochure and Website Accuracy
12. We have taken care to ensure the accuracy at the time of publication of our brochure and continuously with the website, however information and prices may have changed by the time you book. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and the facilities and their description, as we are always looking for ways to make improvements. Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the details shown in the brochure and on the website are correct we cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or the results thereof.
Linen and Towels
13. (In our accommodation) Except for cots, bed linen is provided. This may be duvets or blankets and sheets. Towels are only provided in Superior Holiday Homes and then for the number of guests booked.
Entertainment, Activities and Facilities
14. We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control. Opening times may be limited outside the main holiday season. Certain facilities and activities are subject to an additional cost. Certain facilities have age restrictions. Some facilities may be restricted to peak periods only, please check at the time of booking. Payment for use of these facilities can be made at the Park Reception on request. In accordance with UK licensing laws, we can only sell alcohol to persons aged 18 or over. We may require you to show proof of age using an approved form of identification such as a passport, photo driving licence or a valid proof of age card. Some venues have age restrictions covering certain times.
15. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is in our opinion likely to impair the enjoyment, comfort, or health of other guests or members of staff. No refund will be provided.
Damage to the Accommodation
16. You are liable for any damage caused in the accommodation during the period of hire and may be charged for it. We retain the right to enter the accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise, for example if repairs need to be carried out. All guests are expected to treat our holiday accommodation and park facilities with care so that others may continue to enjoy them. Any accidental damage must be reported to Reception immediately, so that we can make the necessary repair or replacement. Accommodation will be inspected at the end of a stay.
17. We aim to make our holidays and facilities available and accessible for all although many park locations and much of our accommodation is unsuitable for visitors with mobility issues. Please discuss your requirements with us in detail before making your booking to ensure that a holiday with us meets your needs and expectations.
18. e.g. for adjacent or specific accommodation These cannot be guaranteed but every effort will be made to satisfy them. When booking on-line, you will be allocated the first available accommodation unit or pitch. Any special requests or requirements must be organised through our Reception team on park. If you book on-line and want to make a special request after the event you will be charged a £20.00 administration fee.
19. We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. These include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemic or similar situations beyond our control.
Cots and High Chairs
20. These are available, on request at the time of booking, for a supplement of £10.00 per Cot and £5.00 per High Chair. Please note that you will need to bring your own cot linen.
21. The fishing lakes at Trevella are stocked for coarse fishing.
22. We welcome well-trained dogs in selected dog friendly accommodation at our Park but dogs that are specified in the Dangerous Dogs Act are not permitted. This includes all breeds of Pit Bulls, Rottweiller, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro even where these types of dog are muzzled. We charge £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof in our Holiday Homes or £3 per night for touring and camping pitches, with a maximum of two dogs per booking. We reserve the right to require the owner of any dog or pet considered disruptive or affecting the comfort of guests to remove it from the Park. There is no charge for registered assistance dogs for disabled guests in our Holiday Homes or touring / camping pitches. Other pets may be permitted at our discretion. You must tell us that you are bringing a pet at the time of making your booking. You must bring your pet basket with you and ensure that your pet(s) do not lie on the bedding or chairs under any circumstances. Pets must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere on the Park. They must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet. Pets are not allowed in central areas including reception, shop or swimming pool areas.
23. Smoking is not permitted in Holiday Homes, Safari or Ready Tents at Trevella. Smoking is not permitted in any of our public facilities.
24. Your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever. Speed limits in force on the Park must be followed for the safety of all our guests.
25. We accept no responsibility for information relating to local attractions, including details of distances, timings and activities. We provide this in good faith for information purposes only but make no recommendations in respect of any attraction, have not verified that the listed details are accurate or up-to-date and accept no responsibility for any reliance by you on them. You must make your own arrangements (including, where appropriate, having any necessary insurance in place) regarding the attractions with the operators and local tourist board information centres. Where we list attractions on this website we do not do so as an agent for the owner or operator of any attractions and so have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you whether in contract or negligence as a result of any reliance on the information contained herein, or for any loss or damage suffered by you in visiting or purchasing any ticket for any such attraction.
Comments or Concerns
26. We will do everything possible to provide you with an acceptable standard of accommodation. However, if there is a problem please report it immediately to Reception so that remedial action, as appropriate, will be taken. We will use our best endeavours to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. If we are unable to resolve the problem we may move you to an alternative unit in a similar or upgraded category if available. If, at the end of your holiday, you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, please write to the Park Manager within 28 days of your return. You will then receive acknowledgement allowing us 14 days to investigate. The Company cannot accept any liability in relation to any shortcomings or claim of whatever nature if you fail to notify us of any complaint during your holiday allowing us the opportunity to resolve any issues to your satisfaction whilst you are with us.
27. Neither we nor our employees or agents accept liability for any personal injury, loss or damage which may be sustained by you or any other members of your party except where it arises from the negligence or wilful default of us, our employees or agents. For all claims other than death or personal injury, which result from the non-performance or improper performance of our contract, we may compensate you through either monetary payment or offer you a reduced or complimentary holiday break. No compensation will be payable unless matters have been reported in line with our complaints procedure as set out in paragraph 26 above. Where alternative accommodation has been offered and refused we reserve the right not to make any further compensatory offers.
Data Protection Policy
28. We will use the personal information that you provide to process your booking and provide you with your holiday and for internal statistical, market research and recording purposes. We may also need to pass your information to third party service providers such as insurance companies and travel providers. We will only correspond with the lead customer on the booking. It is your responsibility to inform all other members of your party what information about them you are providing to us, and what we will use it for. Your Data Controller is Bridge Leisure Parks Limited. You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us on written request to the Data Protection Administrator, Bridge Leisure Parks Limited, Southfield Lane, Tunstall, East Yorkshire HU12 0JQ.
29. We will hold your information, where collected by us, and may use it to provide you with holiday, sales or special offer information. If you do not wish to receive such information in the future please write to us at the address above. We will not pass on your information to third parties for marketing use without your permission.
Conditions of booking
- No booking can be accepted from groups.
- Some amenities may be reduced or curtailed according to the season.
- Confirmation of your booking issued by Trevella Park constitutes a contract between both parties and the customer becomes liable for the balance owing.
- The total cost of your holiday must be paid in full six weeks before arrival. A deposit is required within 5 days of booking.
- Prices are correct at time of going to press in January 2014. We reserve the right to review prices from time to time. All prices featured are inclusive of VAT at the current rate, the price of your holiday will be adjusted if the VAT rate increases
Reserved Pitches Only
- Bookings are from 3pm on day of arrival to 10am on day of departure.
- A deposit of £30.00 per pitch per week or part week is payable to secure your booking. In the event of a cancellation, please see our cancellation scheme.
- Pitch numbers will not be advised prior to pitches being ready for occupation. However, we will always do our best to accommodate requests.
- Tents must not exceed 7m; Motorhomes/campers must not exceed 22ft
- Breathable ground sheets must be used at all times.
Holiday Caravans, Ready Tents and Safari Tents
- Bookings are from 4pm on day of arrival to 10am on day of departure.
- Dogs are only permitted in ‘Dog Friendly’ caravans (maximum of 2) and must never be left unaccompanied in the caravan.
- The number of people occupying the caravan / tent must not exceed the number of stated berths.
- All bedding, furniture and equipment must remain in the caravan / tent.
- The deposit of £50.00 per week or £25.00 per short break per caravan, ready tent or safari tent is payable to secure your booking. In the event of a cancellation, please see our cancellation scheme.
- Caravan numbers will not be advised prior to them being ready for occupation. However, we will always do our best to accommodate requests.
NOISE: Please respect other occupants and keep noise levels to a minimum, especially after 10pm.
BICYCLES must be ridden with care and consideration for others. Riders may be banned if this request is not adhered to.
SKATEBOARDS, SCOOTERS & ROLLER BLADES are not permitted.
CHILDREN: Parents or guardians are responsible for the supervision of children in their care at Trevella. Very young children must be supervised at all times in the junior play area. Persons under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult after 11pm.
DOG OWNERS: All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and exercised in the designated areas. Anyone failing to clean up mess when their dog has fouled the Park, will be asked to leave. ‘Poopscoops’ are available free from reception, please carry one with you at all times. Dogs must not be left in vehicles or unaccompanied at any time. We reserve the right to refuse certain breeds of dogs.
ALCOHOL may only be consumed within your pitch or holiday home area. Alcohol is not permitted in the games room, TV room, laundrette, swimming pool or lake areas.
UNDER AGE DRINKING will not be tolerated at Trevella. Identification is required for the purchase of cigarettes and alcohol by young people.
SWIMMING POOL is open from May to September 2014. All children under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times when using the pool. Dinghies, surfboards, inflatables and diving are prohibited. Swimming aids only e.g. armbands are permitted.
DRIVING OF CARS and riding of bicycles is prohibited on the grass, except for parking purposes. The speed limit is strictly 5 mph.
CLOTHES LINES: The use of clothes lines is prohibited at Trevella. Clothes airers are provided in our holiday homes.
CAUTION: All of Trevella’s surrounding fields are occasionally occupied by grazing livestock, which may include bullocks and bulls.
NUISANCE: Anyone causing a nuisance, damage, using foul language or offensive behaviour will be required to leave Trevella Park.
A copy of Trevella Park rules are displayed in Reception. We advise all visitors to read the rules during their stay.
All bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions and availability.